I know what you’re thinking.
“There’s no such thing as a ‘must-make’ chicken meatball.” “They might be good for her family, but my kid–eat a chicken meatball? Yeah, right.” “Chicken meatballs are gummy and have no flavor, gross.”
I know what you’re thinking–because I thought so too.
But believe me, you’re wrong. I was wrong.
These meatballs have been in our go-to meal rotation for almost a year now, and the nights these beauties grace the table, everyone is happy. Granted, who wouldn’t like a meal that is served with noodles (bowties, of course) and hot bread slathered in butter & garlic? And, as an added bonus: I love it because it uses up all those odds and ends that just seem to hang around the fridge.
Make these chicken parm meatballs for your family–and I bet you too will defy the odds with ‘must-make’ chicken meatballs.
Here are the steps:
1. Gather your ingredients
2. Fit your food processor with the multi-purpose blade. Add 2 cloves of garlic & 1/2 white onion.
3. Pulse garlic & onion until pieces resemble rough chop (will continue to mince with parsley)
4. Add parsley & pulse until mixture resembles fine mince.
5. Zest 1/2 of one lemon
6. Place 1lb. ground chicken in bowl, salt & pepper liberally & add lemon zest
7. Add parsley mixture from food processor to ground chicken.
9. Fit your food processor with the shredding blade (it’s not necessary to clean your bowl) and shred a small chunk of parmesan cheese (approx. 2 Cups).